Bridging the Gap, Inc. works with marginalized groups of people in sub-Saharan Africa to build bridges that provide people with safe crossings across dangerous rivers, gullies, and ravines.
In every instance, our bridges immediately improve the quality of life in these communities as their daily foot-travel burdens are lessened and their risks of losing loved ones are greatly reduced.
Our bridges transform lives by:
- Allowing children to reach schools safely, every day.
- Improving community access to healthcare.
- Reducing travel time to market centers.
- Preventing accidental death from drowning.
- Eliminating crocodile and hippo attacks.
“You can be a bridge. A simple, beautiful, life-saving bridge. Together we can save lives.”
CNN Heroes All-Star Tribute